Monday 14 July 2014

Lazy hazy summer days

I had the most wonderful two days in the kitchen. I'm a freak, I know. Part of it is because we moved a bit around here, in the area near the window and it's somehow more pleasant, plus I got, FINALLY, I got my shelve up on the wall and I have my pretty kitchen ware to watch now.
I've also been listening to Spilled Milk Podcast while washing endless amounts of dishes, waiting for something to bake/cook. It's just basically Molly from Orangette and this other guy I don't know and they talk for roughly 20 minutes about food and taste and give thoughts and recall childhood memories. It's OK, for listening while cooking/baking.
Plus listening to this

I bought the loveliest coffee/tea cup I want to share with you all. Again, all about kitchenware.





We have nothing to eat in the fridge besides pickles, milk, coffee, beer and yogurt and some stuff in the freezer, but we now have THE sour cherry slab pie I just baked a couple of hours ago. It's this recipe and I haven't been so excited about a recipe in such a long time, and this made me very excited. The fact that mine looks (always the case) less prettier than her's, is less important. What matters is the taste.
I went full on with the sugar, at 1 and 1/4 cup and I didn't use any confectioner's glaze and it turned out tart and sweet and the dough, oh the dough/crust!; if you follow her instructions on the flaky buttery dough she points to, you will have perfection. I simply love it and would advise anyone to give it a go, although it may sound a bit daunting because of the dough making process. But still, even if you go wrong, you can still eat it in the end. I would.


 {veggies - prepared}

 {pickled veggies}

 {most delicious combination - garlic/ginger/onion}

 {lidl eats in the house - again}

 {pan fried}


 {cranberry oatmeal muffins - adapted from here}


 {THE sour cherry slab pie mentioned way above - *right now it's gone/finished}

Sunday afternoon I persuaded R to come with me to see this lake I had heard of but never seen. It was nice, we were on our bikes and the wind made the trip bearable. There were several people and as we headed towards Ciric there were lots more. Overcrowded really. People are sunbathing there and hanging around the pool and they made me dream of our trip this year at the seaside. It's in a month and I can't wait to get on that train.






No comments:

Post a Comment